Friday, July 22, 2011

JYJ to file case vs KBS over jeju Island campaign

By JONATHAN M. HICAP
Manila Bulletin 

MANILA, Philippines – K-pop trio JYJ, composed of Xiah Junsu, Kim Jaejoong and Micky Yoochun, will file a complaint against Korean TV station KBS for canceling the group’s scheduled TV appearance aimed at promoting Jeju Island to be one of the New 7 Wonders of the World.


This is the latest issue on the saga involving JYJ, which has been banned by Korean TV stations from appearing on entertainment shows in Korea due to the group’s lawsuit against SM Entertainment.
Despite a standing court injunction, which allows JYJ to hold their own activities without interference from SM Entertainment, Korean TV stations have sided with the agency and prohibited JYJ from TV appearances including promoting their music on music shows since last year.
JYJ was earlier appointed by the Jeju Island local government as honorary ambassadors to campaign and encourage people to vote for the island’s bid to be one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. Jeju Island is one of the 28 finalists for the selection.
As part of the campaign, JYJ was supposed to appear in a special TV show on July 20. However, C-JeS Entertainment, JYJ’s agency, said that on July 16, they received a notice that JYJ’s appearance was canceled. They were replaced by Girls Generation and f(x).
With this, JYJ is set to file a complaint before the Korean Fair Trade Commission (FTC) and consider other legal options against KBS.
C-JeS said it seems that JYJ was only used to promote Jeju Island in the campaign.
“Also, C-JeS Entertainment will file a complaint to the Fair Trade Commission about the organizer’s act to unilaterally cancel JYJ’s appearance, without any prior agreement, just four days before the event. We will also take appropriate legal procedures over this fraudulent act where the artist (JYJ) was used as ambassadors under the agreement of appearing on the special TV show, only to get forcefully cancelled without prior notice,” according to the C-JeS statement as translated by Soompi.com.
In 2009, Junsu, Jaejoong and Yoochun, who at the time were part of boy band TVXQ, sued SM Entertainment to annul their exclusive contracts. They formed their own group, JYJ, and hired C-JeS to manage their careers.
No final decision has been issued by the Korean court that is hearing the case.


Link: http://beonline.com.ph/breakingNewsArticle.php?aid=4530&clsid=0&i=ee6b6c270051ff4d3ea618292b1a5a55


No comments :

Post a Comment

What do you think of this? Post your comment below

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...