MANILA, Philippines - Actor Kwon Sang Woo, who rose to stardom through the Korean drama "Stairway to Heaven," topped the list of Korean celebrities with the best six pack or washboard abs.
|(Clockwise from top left) Kwon Sang Woo, Julien Kang, Song Seung Hun, |
2PM's Chansung, MBLAQ's Lee Joon and Cha Seung Won (Photos by www.newsen.com)
MBC TV program "Section TV" selected the top 10 Korean male stars with the best body. Eight Korean actors dominated the list.
Following Kwon San Woo are So Ji Sub, Lee Byung Hun, Cha Seung Won, Julien Kang, Song Seung Hun, Gong Yoo, Lee Joon of MBLAQ, Park Si Hoo and Chansung of 2PM.
Here's the list of the Top 10 Korean stars with the best abs, according to Allkpop.
1. Kwon Sang Woo - He debuted in the Korean entertainment scene in 2001 with the drama "Delicious Proposal." But it was not until he starred in "Stairway to Heaven" in 2003 that he gained stardom. Kwon Sang Woo, 36, has always been known to have a great body.
2. So Ji Sub - He is one of Korea's most popular stars. He is also a model and singer. He starred in such dramas as "What Happened in Bali" and "I'm Sorry, I Love You" in 2004. He has won numerous acting awards including getting the best actor in th 2003 SBS Drama Awards and 2004 KBS Drama Awards. He is 35.
3. Lee Byung Hun - He is one of the few Korean stars who has crossed over to Hollywood. Lee Byung Hun, 42, has starred in films and dramas throughout his career starting in 1991. In 2009, he debuted in Hollywood via the film "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra." He will reprise his role as Storm Shadow in the sequel "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" set to be released in March.
4. Cha Seung Won - 42-year-old Cha Seung Won is known for Korean drama such as "The Greatest Love," "Athena: Goddess of War" and "City Hall." He won as best actor for "The Greatest Love" and "City Hall."
5. Julien Kang - He is a Korean-Canadian actor. He became popular via the TV series "High Kick Through The Roof." The 30-year-old actor and model is currently in the reality TV show "We Got Married."
6. Song Seung Hun - He is one of Korea's top stars, starring in dramas such as "Autumn in My Heart," "East of Eden" and "My Princess." The 36-year-old actor started in showbiz in 1996.
7. Gong Yoo - He is best known for the hit drama series "Coffee Prince," starring opposite actress Yoon Eun-hye in 2007. Gong Yoo, 33, starred in the drama "Big" last year.
8. Lee Joon of MBLAQ - Lee Joon, 25, is a member of boy band MBLAQ and is known for his great body. He played the young Raizo in the Hollywood film "Ninja Assassin," which starred pop singer Rain.
9. Park Si Hoo - He starred in dramas such as "Iljimae," "Queen of Reversals," "Prosecutor Princess" and "Cheongdam-dong Alice." The 34-year-old star won as best actor in the 2011 KBS Drama Awards for his role in "The Princess' Man."
10. Chansung of 2PM - Chansung, 23, is a member of boy band 2PM. He is currently starring in the drama "7th Grade Civil Servant."Link to my original article on Manila Bulletin online: http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/394488/kwon-sang-woo-tops-best-abs-list
Email me at sangchusan(at)gmail.com